Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year! We had a GREAT New Years Eve at home! It was just me, Russ, Allison, and Samuel, and we had a blast! We put together some puzzles, played Old Maid, Hungry Hippos, Candyland, listened to fun music, and watched some movies.

The kids were getting SO tired about 10pm, so I said "Hey! It's almost midnight!" because I didn't want them to miss it, but I didn't want them to have to stay awake for another two hours. SO.....we did the countdown 10, 9, 8, 7, ......3, 2, 1, Happy New Year! and then let them bang pots and pans on the porch. Our neighbors probably thought we were crazy doing it at 10pm, but oh well! We had some sparkling cider, then turned on movies in their room so they could fall asleep. It was great! They're happy this morning from not staying up too late, and we're ready for a New Year!

Funny thing happened: About 2AM I woke up because I heard voices in the kitchen. They weren't normal voices though. It almost sounded like a TV. I KNEW I wasn't dreaming, so I woke Russ up. He went into the kitchen and took Kisses with him. Kisses didn't bark at anything, and there wasn't any footprints in the snow outside. SO.....we went back to bed. Then, about 15 minutes later, I heard it again!!! I listened closer, and it was Steve from Blues Clues saying "We just got a letter!" I woke Russ up and started LAUGHING! It was my cell phone.....I had received a text message on my cell phone, and that's the sound I have set for when I have a text message. I got up, saw it was a Happy New Year text from my brother Chad, cleared it, then went back to bed. I have it set to go off every 15 minutes until answered, and that's why it kept going off. HAHAHAHAHA!

0 comments:

WE WANT TO KNOW!

Below is a playlist of our favorite songs!